and on the inside:
But there are also some exciting environmentally green features in Phase III which you might not notice, including
- Motion sensors to turn off lights when classrooms are not in use
- More attractive and efficient ceiling light fixtures with two bulbs instead of four
- Multiple switches to control classroom lighting so you can use only what you need
- Exit signs that use energy-efficient LED technology
- Fume hoods that will vent the conditioned air and fumes to the outside but capture and recycle the heating/cooling energy.
- And outdoors, a rain garden that will capture storm water and prevent it running off into the nearby creek. This space will have plantings selected for their ability to catch and hold rainwater over a sand bed that will allow the water to soak in and re-charge the aquifer.